12.21.2011

gingerbread arts & crafts























The ante has officially been upped in gingerbread house making. Exhibit A: Frank Lloyd Wright's Fallingwater.























Every time I see or read about Fallingwater, I'm reminded of how much I love it. At first glance, you may think "Ok, yeah, it's a cool house," but if you dig a little deeper there is meaning behind every element. Whether it's a piece of wood or stone with which it has been built, the way it's perfectly nestled into its spot, or the shape it takes with each move outward and upward, every detail is both beautiful and deliberate. (Ok, ok, so I wrote a paper about this in college, and yes, I'm still talking about it. I just love Arts & Crafts. And Frank Lloyd Wright.)

On that note, doesn't the gingerbread house above bring new meaning to the term organic architecture? Haa.

No comments:

Post a Comment